Sign in to our website and become an InMoov member. It will allow you to post message, pictures, and share with others InMoov builders. It's just one click away!
Username or Email Address
Mats Önnerby posted an update 6 years, 4 months ago
I’m almost finished with the mechanical build and the testing of each servo individally. Next step is to purchase / build and install all the electronics and batteries. The back is still a bit empty.
Super cool !!
Your choice of colors remind me of Leonardo’ super hero:
How is the Raspi doing for post processing video tracking on MyRobotLab?
I will post the Back Parts soon…
You should post your pictures in your album, you might get featured on the side page.
I get about 2 FPS when doing facetracking. That is good enough, however I also get 5 seconds latency, and that a bit to much. I have tried using the camera outside MRL and I get good results from the camera. I can stream at about 30 fps about .2 s latency. That is good. I had a problem that took me some time to figure out. The java runtime that gets installed in the latest release of the OS for the PI is slow. Then I installed java runtime from Oracle, I got 8 times better performance. I’m trying to understand if the performance problem is with OpenCV or somewhere else. So I also test using “C” python ( not jython as MRL use ). Still more testing to do before I can make any conclusion.
I built a simple servo shield for the Arduino today, so I will soon be able to test everything together, except the hands.
Back parts would be great, because it easier to avoid interference when I know what space they will occupy. But I also know how much time it takes to design/redesign and print. Most of my changes required 2 or 3 iterations before I was happy. I probably have more unused parts than I have used in the robot 🙂
I would love to have this on my desk, I only have a head so far, and that’s controlled by LEGO
I also realised some time ago that using the latest version of MRL which uses OpenCV 3.0 that I would get a low fps result. I was recently mentionning that to Grog and he said he would digg into it.
So, using the Lenovo tablet touchpad with the version 1.0.107 gets me with a a fps of approximately 30.
Using the version 1.0.954, gets me to a 7/10 fps.