Sign in to our website and become an InMoov member. It will allow you to post message, pictures, and share with others InMoov builders. It's just one click away!
Timothy posted an update 2 months, 1 week ago
Can someone suggest an alternative to the 3mm filament for the pins on the hand? My filament is 1.75mm and hate to buy a roll of 3 mm just for this. Thanks!
Here’s an alternative approach:
Hi Timothy, if you are in the UK I can post you some? regards, Lorn
…or, if you want to stick with the original design then you could try this:
I had the same ‘problem’.
Solution, print some 3mm rods and use those. A 100mm rod will do a hand I think. Insert into the joint and trim. Or print them individually.
Forgot I had these made up https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2531839
Made these a while ago and just uploaded them,,,, I thought it be handy to have a set of printable Finger Pins,,,
I assume any builder with 3mm filament will be glad to send you a stretch that is long enough for the fingers. post your snake mail address – postage might be the cost factor!
I used 3mm line trimmer line from the hardware. its cheap and works well
That’s a great idea,,,,, I found knitting Needles in the $2 Shop,,,which are 2.8mm and $2.50 a set,,,, I didn’t even think of pulling a bit of cord off my whipper snipper,,,, lol
Oh Yeah that’s right,,, I kept with the Knitting Needles because of the Type of Plastic—It’s Extremely hard you can use on Micro Lathe or Drill Press for Shaping ( not just for finger pins) I’m 99% sure it’s Acetate plastic,,,,
Like Ray said , I bought trimmer line used in a weedeater and it worked really well
Hello everyone! I have started my InMoov build but am extremely new to all of this. I printed the parts for the right hand, but due to an issue with my printer they came out with some strings / webs. Now I have to sand them down / clean them up. Thinking of switching from PLA to ABS due to the easier cleanup ( I could just wipe it with Acetone vs…[Read more]
reduce your printing temp in 5 degree steps until the web disappears. I do not recommend switching to ABS, that is not your solution. ABS stinks and is harder to print.